Friday, October 1, 2010

The icing on the cupcake

Man, oh Man! This week has been INSANE! For anyone that's watched the weather channel recently, you'll have heard of the ridonkulous amount of rain that took over the east coast, especially Wilmington! Monday we set a record for highest amount of rainfall not including a hurricane. Well, by yesterday, we even broke the record that included a hurricane! That was was Floyd, which I was told, was pretty rough. Thankfully, all we had was rain and some wind every now and then. BUT MAN! That rain was pretty consistent. I kind of forgot what the sun even looked like until it decided to show up about ten minutes before it set in for the night. Though, I have to admit, the yellow washed that world had for those brief sunny minutes was pretty awesome. So now its drying up outside this weekend, just in time for the rain to start again on Monday. I'm just hoping it doesn't flood the entire city like it was trying to do this week!

Then, on top of the need to build an arc, yesterday I came home to find my dog had unzipped my bookbag, and ate a good amount of stuff that puppies are not suppose to eat. Obviously this point was emphasized with the poor girl being sick just about all night and this morning. Finally, I took her to the vet this morning and now she's sleeping it all off. Poor baby. But today she seems to be doing a little better. Sleeping off the meds they gave her, mostly.



So yeah, add in school and you get the reason as to why I didn't post the last two days. Well, that's a lie. Wednesday I didn't post because I was exhausted and didn't want to risk making another post that might not make too much sense like the Crayola Nail Art Post. And yesterday I was worrying over Daisy. ANYWHO, how about a little icing on the top of the cupcake that has been my last few days.

I was going to include these photos in the Crayola post, but when I started falling asleep while typing I realized that maybe they should go in a separate post. So here we have it! My friend Kat loves for me to paint her nails at school. She also loves cupcakes and walking around going "nom nom nom." Basically, she's my favorite Mexican even. So, in honor of two of her favorite things, we came up with a design for her nails! As per usual lately, these were taken with my cell phone because I suck at finding where I last put my new camera. (BTW, mom, you didn't just read that bit. I know exactly where my camera is >.>) These pictures were also taken about a week and a half after I painted them to begin with, so there's a bit of growth and chipping.


Tipi and Daisy like to cuddle and spoon. Daisy's the little flufly one. She's a sweetheart. So is Tipi.



NOM NOM NOM! Her index, middle, and ring finger all say Nom is a curvy font while her pink is suppose to represent sprinkles. I can't remember which polishes I used, but I know they are all China Glaze. I know the ring finger was Peachy Keen.


CUPCAKE! This one has Sally Hansen as the base color, The China Glaze on the middle finger as icing, and China Glaze Classic Camel at the cake part. I'll edit this post later with the rel names and the links.

I love how this ended up looking. And Kay was seriously rocking it out. Also, I feel the need to point out that her nails are real, too. And they could claw a stripper's eyes out.

I took these pictures before she took her polish off so I could give her a second manicure that was nocturnally inspired. You'll see pictures of that manicure sooner than you think. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm gonna to cuddle my sick puppy, clean the kitchen, and look for my camera.

6 comments:

  1. Yummy...great job....now, GO FIND YOUR NEW CAMERA. \Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't suppose to read that part, mom! ily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it through the rain. Love these nails! Im looking forward to some nail art the next time you come in.
    Love, honorary sister in law

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I got you. As you know, mom and dad are coming here for Thanksgiving, but I'll do something during Christmas for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this manicure! your really good at doing these nails! Your blog is adorable by the way!

    Follow me and ill follow you!
    http://toesthattwinkle.blogspot.com/
    (i just started and could use some followers!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I will be posting some more pictures soon of some of my other stuff. And of course I'll follow ya. Us new bloggers need to stick together! :D

    ReplyDelete