Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Totally Nailed it...Did You?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I know all about how I have a crafting blog that is few and far between in the ways of actually posting. But I think that's because its hard for me to really focus on something to post about. There's too much going on that I want to do with that blog that I just...I get overwhelmed.

BUT, this blog is one that I've had a few people ask me to do and seeing as how I'm a people pleaser? DONE and DONE!

So, here we have it, my loves. Sayra has started up a nail blog. And let me tell you, coming up with a name for a nail blog when there are already a ridonkulous amount out there is HARD. I never really expected there to be so many nail blogs! But, sure enough, there they be. Thankfully, with the help of one of my best friends, Rachel, we came up with Totally Nailed It, which was soooo me. Mostly because that's something that I yell out from time to time. Plus, there's the fact that abbreviated, it is TNI which is close to TMI and it makes me giggle a little.

Now, I hear some of you asking out there "What makes YOUR nail blog different from any other nail blog out there?" Well...not much if it is dealing with nails. Mostly it is something I really want to do and showcase some of the work that I've been doing lately. But then there is the fact that I've really gotten into nail art more than anything else. Will there be swatches on this site? Yup. But its not just about what the colors look like. I wanna also focus on what you can do with those colors. And I'm going to take a bit of a trip into the world of Frankenpolishing as well. Not to mention product reviews here and there.

But the biggest things about this blog will also be sharing with others as I learn myself.

You see, for those of you out there that don't know me, I'm in cosmetology school. I'm just about to finish this semester, which is pretty exciting. But this summer, during my third of four semesters, I discovered that my mother was right and I should have listened to her in High School (man, its sometimes hard to admit when your mother is right. Sigh.). Yeah, I should have taken the nail tech classes at our Vo-Tech school. But I didn't and now I find out, 8 years later that I friggin love nails. I love painting them, doing manicures with the massages, Heck, Even pedicures aren't that bad! I love doing anything with brush work, so right now, all of my nail designs are entirely hand painted. And those will definitely be shared on here.

But I don't feel well rounded until I truly learn how to apply fake nails properly, which is a place that I am lacking in skill. So, I figured that while I was learning, I could share my knowledge and maybe teach someone else out there.

That's my plan, Stan. A blog that informs, maybe teaches a bit, and inspires. And, I'm pretty excited about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment