Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting off on the right foot...er....hand.

So, I figured it would be a good idea to get this blog started with a quick shot of something I did last week. I'm not so good at doing things on my own hands due to the fact that I'm totally a righty, so my left hand looks great and my right...looks like a kindergarten art project after the macaroni fell off in the transit home on the school bus. How many times have we all had THAT happen, eh?

So, after spending my Tuesday giving one of my best friends at school a simple french tip manicure with pineapples on her ring finger, I decided that it was time for me to do something on my own nails. It was nice to look down and see these cuties while giving a facial to a client that came right before our front desk closed shop for the day. But whatevs, I got my final facial credit and I'm good to go with the bottom half of my service sheet.




I apologize for the horrible quality of this photo. I took it with my cell phone and then uploaded it to blogger...which almost always murks up photos, I've notice. Anyhoo, let's focus on the cute. Cookies and Milk! :D I tried to make it look like my thumb and ring finger were bitten into. I think I succeeded. Seriously, you guys. These are the cutest nails I've ever sported myself.

Base Coat - Color Club Stuck on You
Base Color - China Glaze - For Audrey
Cookies - China Glaze - Classic Camel
Chocolate Chips and outline - China Glaze - Ingrid
Milk - Sally Hansen Salon - All the White Stuff
Glass - OPI - Breathe Life
Glass Outline - China Glaze - Recycle

As you can tell, I rather enjoy China Glaze. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I feel the need to add that when I made the glasses of milk, I painted the milk first, then did a layer of OPI over it and a little above the line left from the white. That way it really looked like the liquid was inside. I really am sorry that the picture isn't all too good. I have a few people at the school that want me to do this on them sometime in the near future, so maybe I can get a better picture then.

Anyways, thanks for looking! There will be more tomorrow, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. I think the nails look totally awesome!!! Great job!!!
    Love you,
    Cheryl (honorary sister-in-law)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so much, Cheryl! :D I love you, too. <3

    ReplyDelete